Lobar Bangkit Monument, Religious Tolerance Symbol in Lombok

Nia Deviyana    •    23 November 2015 15:19 WIB
travelling story
Lobar Bangkit Monument, Religious Tolerance Symbol in Lombok
Lobar Bangkit Monument (Photo: MTVN/Nia Deviyana)

Metrotvnews.com, Mataram: Since Islam entered Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, in 15 AD, the Muslims have become the majority of the island.

It is recorded that the population of Islam in Lombok reaches 85 percent. As many as the remaining 15 percent is comprised of Hindu, Buddha, Christian and Konghucu.

Despite the difference, the religious tolerance is the main focus of the province known as the 'Island of a Million Sunset'.

It is pictured through the landmark shaped as a monument, named the 'Lombok Barat Bangkit' or 'Lobar Bangkit'. The monument was officiated by West Lombok Regent on the region's 55th anniversary.

"From the form, this monument represents Lombok as the Island of a Thousand Mosques, as well as a symbol for a tolerant society, holding high diversity and applying the teachings related religious values," explained Adi, a tourist guide in Lombok when met by Metrotvnews.com, last week.

The Lobar Bangkit monument is located at the Giri Menang Square roundabout, Gerung, West Lombok. The monument is also becoming the icon of the resurrection of developments in West Lombok.


 


(WAH)


Video /